Aim of the development program
The aim of FFE is to provide project-specific support for technology transfer through spin-offs prior to starting up the company. With FFE, an internal project budget is available to create a detailed transfer concept (business plan) and realize final development activities. The process evaluates whether and how the relevant Fraunhofer technology may make a promising transfer through a spin-off – possibly with an investment by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
- FFE supports important steps for the systematic preparation of a Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft spin-off.
- The focus is on analyzing the transfer potential and reducing the uncertainties linked to a spin-off. The technology should also advance to the next maturity level; insofar finalizing development work qualifies for funding to a limited extent.
- For 12 weeks (other periods may be determined individually) you are expected to focus your time on FFE.
- Up to €50,000 are provided as an internal project budget (co-payment of 50% is required from the institute). In the scope of FFE extended, follow-up funding in the amount of additional €100,000 is possible.
- Continuous, individual coaching and sparring by a team of two with business management and legal competence is offered in parallel.
- Comprehensive resources and information about the challenges of start-up entrepreneurs as well as access to the Fraunhofer Venture network are available as additional support for the ideal preparation of the spin-off.